Friday, March 29, 2013

International Tatting Day Today!

Tatting Day has been celebrated internationally for over 4 years now. April 1st is the International Tatting Day.
Tatting is the skill of making delicate, elegant tatted lace. It is enjoyed by thousands of people.
On this day, "tatters" around the world have different activities, mostly educational, to celebrate their hobby, and introduce it to others. Often, they celebrate by eating chocolates and making tatted lace.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

4 comments:

  1. I just love Tatting. My Grandmother could do this and I'm so sorry I never learned. What a gorgeous feature :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post. Thanks so much for including me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing my tatted earrings in your post. It is great to see modern day tatting get some recognition.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow ~ what amazing tatted items! I did tatting for a time, to learn it *and* in doing so nurtured an a healthy respect for those who do it. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete